Thursday, February 19, 2015

Take no thought?

I begin and end every day by seeking first the kingdom of heaven in meditation and I'd like to share my experience. I no longer even try to "take no thought" because thoughts instantly and persistently come into my mind. Thoughts about sex, money, jealousy, greed, my fears and anger. When I have them focused I then say "I kill you", "I drown you", I stone you, I stab you." And they die. They go away. And when I come out of meditation I can't even remember the things that were bothering me. They are dead.

I think that's why the bible stories involve violence and killing. It's God allegorically killing your problems. In Noah's Ark, God drowns your problems in a flood, In Exodus, God drowns your problems in a collapsing Red Sea. In David and Goliath, God kills your problems with a stone and a slingshot. And on and on. God doesn't teach us to ignore our problems, he teaches us to kill them!

 I now welcome the thoughts I once feared. Now they are afraid of me.
I kill my worries about not having enough money.
I kill my ego of thinking that I'm better than other people
I kill my fear of other people doing bad things to me
I kill my guilt over taking a day off to meditate and relax

Don't ignore your thoughts in meditation. Instead embrace them and kill them! When you have killed them all, you can then "take no thought"




Show less

No comments:

Post a Comment